How do you stack up?
Throughout 2019, we’ve talked to hundreds of offices who’ve called into our hotline, emailed us, or completed a Practice Analysis with Burkhart. We’ve had open and honest conversations with doctors, oftentimes with their spouses, and frequently with team members as well.
There is no doubt every office is different and has its own personality, which includes a unique blend of strengths and weaknesses. However, there are ten characteristics we see in practically every office we have worked with over the years. Simply improving some or most of these things will improve any practice significantly. Because of our experience, we can almost guarantee at least six or seven of these things are taking place in your office. Improve these areas and you will improve outcomes for your practice, your team, and your profitability and enjoyment in 2020!
- Communication from clinic to front office could be improved.
- The perio program is inadequate and not enough soft tissue treatment is being diagnosed and performed.
- Telephone skills need improvement.
- There is a substantial amount of money in the practice representing treatment that has not been performed.
- Infrequent and/or disorganized team meetings.
- Discussion of concerns with poor performers aren’t always held.
- Some marketing, but no true actionable marketing plan.
- Recare and attrition from the practice need to be monitored and addressed more effectively.
- Failed appointments are an issue.
- Inadequate fee increases.
So how did you do? If even one of these is an issue in your practice, it is negatively impacting your practice’s performance. Most offices we work with have no idea many of these are actually taking place in their practice until we show them. Take some time, take a good look at this list, and objectively see how you stack up.
As always – we are here to help you!
Category: Practice ConsultingBack to Articles