HIPAA Compliance Made Easy for Dentistry
- This event has passed.
This course is for all members of the dental team and is designed to educate participants on the requirements for HIPAA compliance in their facilities. Included will be the following:
- Review components of the Privacy Standard
- Review responsibilities under the Security Standard
- Define Protected Health Information (PHI) and how to safeguard it
- Understand required hardware/software components
- Review the assignment of responsibilities
- Understand required forms and documentation
- Understand how to conduct a risk assessment
- Review business associate responsibilities
- Understand security risks and how to mitigate them
- Define a security breach and know when/how it must be reported
- Be aware of steps to take in the event of a HIPAA inspection
- Understand your options if you receive a HIPAA citation and fine
Each Participant will receive:
- A HIPAA workbook
- Detailed audit checklist for HIPAA
- List of required and recommended products
In addition, attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms, and business associate agreements.
CE Credits: 2
In states where applicable.
Dr. KARSON L. CARPENTER, DDS
Dr. Karson L. Carpenter is a practicing dentist who serves as President of Compliance Training Partners. He is an OSHA-approved trainer who has for over 25 years designed educational programs to bring dental and medical facilities into compliance with the governmental regulations that affect them in the areas of OSHA, HIPAA, and infection control. Dr. Carpenter’s experience includes guiding numerous clients across the United States through OSHA and HIPAA inspections, as well as the critical post-inspection process.
This event is co-hosted by Compliance Training Partners.
Compliance Training Partners/HPTC LLC is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 6/1/2020 to 5/31/2022.
Provider ID# 217695
Download the flyer for this event.
Cancellation Policy: No fee if canceled 10 or more days before the event. No refund if canceled within 10 days of the event.